Thursday, December 11, 2014

Paleo Swedish Meatballs Were a Hit!

I'm afraid I didn't come up with this one, but I must give credit where it's due!

I am not one to follow a recipe... I'll allow one to inspire me, but for better or worse I can't leave them be and I must try something different to tweak it. Tonight though, I took a chance. I tried something from Pinterest, following the recipe almost exactly as instructed. And it was quite wonderful :) 

I love the Swedish meatballs at IKEA. I mean LOVE. They make me think of redecorating and affordable furniture shopping, which just makes me a little giddy! 

This is a lovely Paleo interpretation. The only thing I wasn't entirely happy with was the flavor and thinness of the gravy, I think because I'm not the biggest fan of tapioca flour. I did add a bit more zest to the gravy by draining some of the fat from my meatball pan into it, but I may need to spend more effort to thicken it next time. Also I probably could've halved the recipe... So much gravy left over! Oh well, more for another day!

If you'd like to try it for yourself, here is the link: http://www.paleofondue.com/2014/10/24/paleo-swedish-meatballs/

No comments:

Post a Comment